Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Welcome to Burgarella Art Tips and Tricks ... Stay tuned for helpful information each week!





Dear Artists and Artist-Wanna-Be's ~

This blog has been created for all those aspiring to learn more about creating art.  During my years of teaching others how to paint and draw, I have developed some helpful teaching tools and techniques that I am happy to share with all who can appreciate them, my students in particular will benefit from this blog since they are fans of my teaching style and techniques.

So much to share, where do I start.  First of all let me start with a short bio and visual of a time-lapse video of creating a portrait in oils, which is also available on Youtube,  Please watch and enjoy, and hopefully you will gain from following my weekly (or maybe daily) blog.  Click on the link below and see me paint Bob Barbour in about 2 minutes (actual painting time is 4-1/2 hours)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLf7ACVaJk


Live Portrait Demonstration - Painting Bob Barbour

























Brief Bio:

Currently teaching portraiture in Acrylics at the Vero Beach (Florida) Museum of Art, and on March 29th-30th two full days workshop in Portraits in Oils.  Also classes held at the Sebastian American Legion, and Indian River Estates, in addition to private and group classes and demonstrations.  Teaching art for 20 years, crafts for years before that.  Belonged to lots of clubs, shown in lots of galleries and shows, won awards, love to volunteer in anything artsy, and love learning new artsy things and sharing freely whatever I learn.

Stay tuned for helpful information on portraits, landscapes, animals, seascapes, etc, in all mediums and styles.  Learn along with me new tips and tricks as I discover new and better techniques myself with each new painting.   My mission is to spread the joy of art, so I hope you enjoy my blog.  Visit again soon as I expand and grow this blog.

Yours in Art,
Judy Burgarella
Blogger

Same day - later
Just want to upload at least one of my charts to get this thing started.  Following is a simple color mixing chart, would work for oil or acrylic, and each color may be different in your collection of paints, depending on brand, quality, etc., so I suggest you make your own chart with the colors you normally use. Bold black outlined squares indicate cross-section of same color.  Feel free to print this out, or for that matter anything on this blog, for your own use.  Hope it helps you.

Judy Burgarella


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Frame a Painting

  COMING SOON  - How to Frame: Stretched canvas Canvas board/wood panel Watercolor Pastel Pencil and charcoal Including information on: Floa...